Why shop local?
- You keep dollars in our community. For every $100 you spend at a local business, $68 stays local.
- You embrace what makes Camp Point unique. By preserving Camp Point’s distinct character, our community is more likely to attract new investment. Homegrown business also attracts visitors.
- You create local jobs. Studies show that locally-owned businesses create more jobs, typically pay better wages, and are more likely to provide benefits than national chains.
- You help the environment. Supporting locally-owned businesses conserves energy and resources, requiring less fuel for transportation and less packaging.
- You nurture community. Locally-owned businesses typically contribute more than twice as much to charitable causes than national chains.